Client Services Representative
Director of Business Development
Client services representatives are responsible for acting as a liaison between clients and ARL. Assists with complaints, account & sample inquiries, cancellations, and various other queries. Occupations matching closely with our Client Services Representative position are: Laboratory Technicians and other Lab Staff looking for a career change, Pharmacy Technicians, Retail Sales Clerks, and Sales Support Specialists. This is an ideal job for a recent college graduate with experience in any of these fields of employment. There is potential for promotion to Sales after sufficient training and effective performance indicating an aptitude for selling. Benefits include health, dental, life and disability insurance, paid time off, sick time off, holidays, 401K with company match, and more.
The Company is subject to certain federal regulations and directives regarding a drug free workplace. Because of the Company’s federal obligations and directives, as an employee of an analytical laboratory such as ARL Bio Pharma Inc., you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues
- Setup new accounts and verify/update account information
- Ascertain problem or reason for client calls and facilitate the resolution of issue(s)
- Advise clients on company information & sample submission guidelines
- Act as the company gatekeeper/liaison between clients & the labs
- Serve as a resource to clients regarding test requirements, sample submission, and other laboratory policies and procedures
- Problem solve client and internal issues
- Assist in maintaining internal databases
- Data entry
- Assist accessioning with submission form interpretation
- Other duties as required to meet client requests
- Adherence to all ARL policies, procedures, protocols and practices
- Strong customer service, clerical/admin or telephone sales skills
- Strong organization, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to present information or respond to inquiries from groups of managers, associates, and customers
- Skill utilizing online internal systems and web-based software
- Proficient typing skills and PC literate
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and QuickBooks preferred
- Ability to continuously improve customer service skills and systems knowledge
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Attendance at the office is required.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This is a largely sedentary role
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, approximately 8:00 a.m. to approximately 6:00 p.m.
Rarely overnight and local day travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science field
- Prior laboratory experiencE
- Prior customer service experience
ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Improper interference with the ability of ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.